Matt 4:17 – “From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near”
Matt 4:23 – “Jesus went through Galilee, teaching in synagogues, preaching the good news of the Kingdom AND healing EVERY sickness & disease among the people”
- Jesus’ main message was ‘REPENT’ – Turn away from your sin which brings you death in the end… and turn to the Father who gives you everlasting life.
- Turn away from my self-centerdness, gossip, complaining, anger, vengeful spirit, lying, cheating, stealing, abusiveness, depression, worry, fear… AND turn to God who gives life & it in abundance… turn to God who gives a peace that passes all understanding… turn to God who will supply all of your need according to His riches and Glory in Christ Jesus.
- We love sin because of the temporary feelings of physical and/or sensual gratification we get from it… but just like a drug, it may bring temporary pleasure — but that can leads to permanent pain in our life.
- The GOOD NEWS Jesus was preaching to the people he went to is that the Kingdom of God was at hand in their lives and that all that was a part of His Father’s Kingdom (power, authority, life, peace, healing, love, acceptance) was available to those who would turn to Jesus.
- Jesus did A LOT of traveling in His ministry.
- Jesus healed EVERY sickness & disease of the people who came to him and had faith (knew that they knew) that He had the power & ability to heal their infirmity. Jesus gave us that same power to walk in a healing annointing
Matt 4:19 – “Jesus walked to Peter & Andrew (the brothers) while they were fishing – and told them to ‘Come follow me, and I will make you fishers of men’. They immediately left their fishing business & followed him.
- What would make these two brothers LEAVE a successful, money-making, family business… and follow a man they had just met?
- They may have heard stories about Jesus healing people.
- Obviously they felt like whatever power & authority Jesus had… carried more value than the finances & security that their fishing business had.
- In life, we will tend to gravitate towards things/people that we feel bring us more value & security — Does Jesus give us value & security?
- BIGGEST THING I NOTICED: By following Jesus, you will be capturing men’s hearts — rather than capturing fish. I believe being in the business of capturing men’s hearts & spirits for Christ will bring us more satisfaction in life than making a lot of money.